Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 89 - More LegoLand, Being in Tune With the Spirit

Dear Mary,

LegoLand was of course super fun!! I didn't take quite so many pics this time, Hermana Mendez was the one who took the majority of our pics, and I still have to get those from her. So hopefully next week I can send them to you! :)

Katie's artwork is lovely as always!! I think I saw the Cat drawing before, but not the others! They all look really well done!

For those Elders, I performed When I am baptized, Three Wooden Crosses, Classical Gas, and I Love To See The Temple :)

Searching for gifts of the spirit in the Book of Mormon is a really good idea! As I've gone through my mission, I've been able to identify more spiritual gifts that I have, which is always cool to be able to notice those things :)

This past week I started this program that the church has for missionaries that are getting ready to return home, which is called "My Plan." Realizing that I only have 7 more weeks in the mission is a weird feeling! But I'm glad to be able to go through this program! It's designed to help you think of your goals for after your mission, to have something to stand on and to give you direction. This week it's having me read through my patriarchal blessing and find the courses of action it tells me to take, to look for what things in there describe me, and what kind of person God wants me to become. It's weird thinking of the future like that, but also being a missionary. I actually had a meltdown last night from all stuff going through my mind, but Elder Sedgwick helped me to calm down and to be more at peace. Once I had let everything out, he told me that I was now the most calm and relaxed that he had seen me in several days. He's a good guy! I'm glad that he was there to help out! :)

Yesterday as the Sacrament was being passed, I was doing my personal reading of the Book of Mormon, and I came to Alma 20: 4-5 starting in the end of verse 4.

A few verses earlier, the Lord had told Ammon that his brethren were in prison in the land of Middoni and that he should go to free them.

 "Now Lamoni said unto him: Who told thee that thy brethren were in prison?
 And Ammon said unto him: No one hath told me, save it be God; and he said unto me—Go and deliver thy brethren, forthey are in prison in the land of Middoni."

It made me think of how much he needed to be in tune with the spirit for that! And how much faith he needed to have to act on that prompting! We all can be and do the same! We may not necessarily have to free our family from prison, but we should always strive to be worthy enough and know how the spirit talks to us to be able to recognize prompting to about doing good. It could be "go visit this person, they need a hand" or "Call this person, it's been a while" and they possibly be going through something rough. Whatever the situation may be, we should have the faith to obey the promptings that we receive, and we will see miracles from it, and be more filled with joy that we did God asked, and we were an instrument in His hands for good.

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you! :)

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment