Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 87 - Searching for Joy


Dear Mary,

We did get the car with the bike rack that we wanted!! We are happy that we have it! Now we can go biking around more!! :D

I'm glad that things are going well at home! I would highly recommend reading and deeply pondering President Nelson's talk...It's helping me a lot!! Look for ways to be happy and joyful every day! Look past the grief and focus on the joy you can and will have :)

[some personal stuff deleted]

Yesterday we had dinner with the Orduna family in the ward, which is always a blast! For our dinner message, I felt prompted to share something I found in my personal studies Sunday morning. I've made a personal study goal to search for Joy in the scriptures, and on Sunday, I found something that hit home. It's found in John 16:20-24. It talks about Joy and asking God to help have it in our lives. After reading it, I asked the family how they can search for joy in their lives. They talked about reading the scriptures and going to church and looking past your obstacles and focusing on Christ. The father of the house talked about someone in Vista that we know who's mother died when he was on his mission, and how he was able to look past that tragedy and find hope in Christ. I can't remember everything that he said about it, but I know that it helped me to feel better, and we felt the spirit really there. I don't think that family knows our situation, otherwise, they might not have brought it up, I'm not sure. But either way, it helped me!

Write when you can, I love hearing from ya'll!! If ya'll are struggling with anything, I'll do my best to help out!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment