Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 64 - New Investigators, Guidance From the Spirit, and Fasting

Dear Mom,

Man! So much stuff has happened from what it sounds! I'm sorry about the bad things that happened, but we continue to endure and press through life with a smile, not caring what others may think. I'm trying to get to that mind set as well.

For the skype call next sunday, we're thinking about doing it after church, probably like at 1 or 1:30. so probably like 3:30 your time, I think. Does that sound good to ya'll?

 This past week, we went on exchanges with the spanish elders in Fallbrook, and we picked up 2 New Investigators!! They seem to be elect so far! We gave them a Book of Mormon and they accepted the invitation to read it, pray about it, and to be baptized once they find it to be true! We'll be meeting with them again on Thursday, so hopefully we'll see progress with them soon!

We talked to a couple weird, creepy people this week, but we got over it, and are never going to talk to them again! Just too weird for me haha  [Note: Mom sent a quick e-mail asking what made them weird and creepy, and what made him never want to see them again. His reponse:]  Basically, we faced down a demon. And I got the strongest impression from the spirit to leave, and we got out of there as fast as possible.   [Eek!!!]

I'm in the process of writing another poem, about how there are angels around us, so we'll see how that goes!

[Note: Mary had asked him what he's learned this week. His response:]  I've been learning about why and how to fast this week. I realized that I wanted a stronger testimony of fasting, because I've always heard of miracles from fasting, but I haven't personally recognized or seen many miracles from it. So i'm trying to learn more about it, and understand it more. I've only read 2 talks so far, and read some scriptures about it. I'll write down more of what I learned and tell you next week! But I have learned why we do fast offerings! It's to help not just those around us in our community, but because of our donations, it can reach as far as Africa, and help and heal wounded souls. And so by donating fast offerings, we are fulfilling our responsibility to care for others.

I'm sorry that I can't think of anything else to say right now!

Please continue to write and email when you get a chance! I love to hear from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment