Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 42 - Thanksgiving, Elder Bucko Gets Transferred (Already), and a New Name

Dear Mom,

I definitely reread your emails a lot, because they always offer me comfort and wise words :)

So here's something that totally surprised us that were not expecting whatsoever: Elder Bucko is getting transfered on Tuesday....At first, I was pretty upset that Elder Bucko was getting transfered, I was wondering if it was something that maybe I did wrong, maybe I wasn't good enough, but then after letting some time and prayer, I realized that it wasn't anything I did wrong, but that the Lord needs him somewhere right now, and that I taught him everything that he needed to learn from me. So I'm okay with it now haha but I will miss him though.

So we weren't able to meet with our investigator this past week, but hopefully we will this week!

We had an awesome Thanksgiving day! We got together with the Zone and played volleyball and a couple of other games. Then at about 1, we went to a members house in an english ward with a couple other missionaries, and we watched The Singles Ward, ate a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch, and watched The Cokeville Miracle. Have you seen that movie? It's the newest T.C. Christiansen movie, and it is sooo good! Then we went to a members house in our branch for dinner, and they had several other families over as well. It was a wonderful time! we ate soo much food, laughed, had a great time, and then towards the end, the head of house (Brother Herrera) had us all take turns telling what we were grateful for. As everyone talked about all the different things that they were grateful for, I'm pretty sure we all had a wonderful feeling of peace and, well, gratitude haha what a great way to end the evening!

It's certainly a very different feeling not being home for Christmas, but I know I'm supposed to be here, and the members make it feel like I have a home here too :) I'm looking forward to skyping you all on Christmas!

Also, we helped a part member family move this past week, and the father (who is the member) agreed to let us teach his children who have been coming to church for 3 years, but hasn't let them get baptized in the past. So now his heart has been softened, and hopefully very soon his kids will be baptized.

All in all, It was a good week! :) I hope it stays that way haha

Please continue to write and email when you can!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

P.S. We found a program for sacrament meeting fro a couple weeks ago, and they spelled my last name as "Wonkenfuss"! I had to laugh pretty hard, cuz that was honestly a new spelling that I had never seen before haha

No comments:

Post a Comment