Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 41 - The Talent Show, A New Investigator, and Helping an Eagle Scout

Dear Mom,

Thank you for always saying something to cheer me up! there have been several days this past week when I've been kinda down, but after talking with our district leader, and reading what you send me, I'm definitely cheered up :)

For the Talent Show, I actually performed first, and I played the Mormon Guitar rendition of When I am Baptized. Many people came up to me and told me that they loved it and that I played really well! Elder Bucko did a Jon Schmidt rendition of a hymn, but I can't remember the title. People also came up to him and said that he did really well!

The Talent Show was a blast! I loved it! There were so many wonderful talents that people showed off! And there was lots of food, so that made me happy as well haha There were also many non-members there as well, and we're hoping that they want to start taking the lessons soon!

The best thing that happened this week was that we actually picked up a new investigator!! :D It was Elder Bucko's very first time teaching, and I think he did fantastic! And we're going to be teaching him again this week! :) And we have several possibilities of non-member families wanting to take the lessons! So hoping and praying that things turn around very soon! :)

We also helped a young man in our branch with his Eagle Scout project this past weekend! we scraped and repainted a giant container thing for the baseball team at his school. By the end of it, I had a bunch of blue dust on one arm, and red paint on the other arm haha

Not much else happened this week, hopefully more will happen this next week! :)

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

I love you!



Excerpt from his e-mail to Mary: 

This past week I've been reading out of "Our Heritage", just learning a little more about Church History. This week I want to study about Jesus Christ and his role as our savior, because our investigator is coming from a Muslim background, so we want to help him better understand who Jesus Christ is to us. So it should be a fun study! :)


Here's the video of Mormon Guitar's version of "When I Am Baptized":


No comments:

Post a Comment