Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 40 - It's the Famous Guitar-Playing Missionary from Toad Suck, Charlie Brown!

Dear Mom,

Honestly, not much is happening this week, but we did go to a priesthood activity with the men in our branch, and that was a great time! We had lots of food, and we played soccer. It was lots of fun!

So this past week, members in our branch are now starting to discover mine and Elder Bucko's musical talents haha and they really want us to perform at the branch talent show this Friday! So I'm borrowing the guitar that belongs to the Morgan family, and just the other day our high councilman is letting me borrow one of his acoustic-electric guitars, so I can use that one for the show. He is also going to let me have one of his guitar amps that meant for acoustic-electric guitars. He's going to go find out how much it would be for me ship it home, then he'll let me know. Isn't that nice of him?? When we were at his house, I was staring in awe at the guitars that he had! Almost all of them were high-end priced guitars, all of them were just amazing to look at and play. I was a very happy camper to just be there haha

This week Elder Bucko and I have been just trying to contact a bunch of referrals that we've received. So far, not many are answering, but hopefully soon they will! :)

I really love the members here in this branch! They're so nice, and loving to us! I almost feel like I'm one of their sons haha and they tell us that that's exactly how they want us to feel :) so it's nice to have members like them here!

The members tell us ALL the time, that if we don't have any dinners, just call them, and they will feed us :)

Also, apparently I'm famous in one of the wards here now haha I was on exchanges with Elder Talbot in his ward, and we ate dinner with one of the members, and I told him my name and where I was from, and he just died laughing! Then just a couple days ago, at one of their ward activities, he told EVERYONE  about Elder WOCKENFUSS from TOADSUCK, Arkansas. so I am now famous, I guess haha aren't you proud of me? :P

I love the christmas-y tie you sent me! I am very curious as to what is inside the present from amazon, and Elder Bucko, 2 other elders we give rides to, and I, all gasped in happiness and awe when I opened up the Charlie Brown Christmas CD! Needless to day, we popped it in right away haha

Other than that, not much has happened this week! hopefully more will happen soon!

Please continue to write and email when you can! I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

It's the famous guitar-playing missionary from Toad Suck, Charlie Brown!

Missionaries in the Temecula Zone.
Elder C. Scott Grow came to visit the Carlsbad California Mission during training last week.
Elder Wockenfuss and Elder Bucko are in the back row. Elder Wockenfuss is fourth from the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment