Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 20 - Lessons from Charity (and Lack Of), and Furthering the Work

My Dear Family,

I loved the video and pics of the sun shower! so cool! :D I did [receive] my tie for July, and I think it is so awesome looking! I'm not sure if you meant to send that one because of Independence Day (the tie being red and blue after all), but if you did, that makes it even awesomer! haha I'm actually wearing it right now! I haven't tried on the suit yet, but I plan on wearing it this week! All the packages have come in that you are curious about, and I love them! haha

Tell Brother Knoerr that I did get his email! :)

This week, Elder Jensen and I have been exploring our area some more, and finding new people! We picked up a new investigator that's in a part-member family, and we plan on going by tonight and teaching him more about the Book of Mormon!

It's been super hot this past week, and there was one day in particular that was dreadful! we were in an apartment complex, and our water bottles had been empty for a while, and we were so thirsty that we just knocked some doors for the sole purpose of asking for some water. What shocked me was that every person that answered their door refused to give us water. That really just boggled my mind! but later on, and almost every other day, there's always someone that comes to us and asks if we want water. I don't let it bother me when those people refused us water, I'm not even mad at them. I just hope that one day their door will be open to have someone give them the water of the Gospel.

We're starting to get more involved with using the members in missionary work in our area this week! Almost everyday this week we have a member coming out to teach with us! It's awesome! :)

Today I studied a bit about Charity, and before today, I didn't realize that to have Charity is commandment from God. He wants us to strive as best we can to love everyone as much as He loves us. And by exercising this love, we become better people. We don't talk negatively about anyone, we avoid anger, frustration, and all other bad feelings that separate us from the Spirit. So that is something that I am definitely going to strive for!

This picture that I included is when I was leaving my first area. This is the Salvador family. They are such a great family! He's the one that cried, telling me about how much I've grown and everything.






The other picture is of me and my study desk, wearing one of the ties from May, I believe. I have gotten a haircut since then, so it's not super ridiculous right now haha




Please continue to write and email when you can! I love hearing from you all!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment