Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 18 in the Carlsbad California Mission

My Dear Family,

Yesterday was awesome! I got the chance to confirm Yolanda and Aislinn in spanish in church yesterday! I was excited and nervous all at the same time! haha and I was able to speak Spanish! :D it definitely made my testimony grow of "opening your mouth and it shall be filled.," and doing what can, and the Lord taking care of the rest. Because I'm still learning Spanish, and I'm in no way perfect! But I studied as best I could for different wordings I could use in the confirmation, and because I did my part in studying and seeking, the Lord did the rest, and made it so that I could speak the words He wanted me to say.

It has been confirmed on Saturday evening that I am leaving Escondido! I'm excited to find out where I'm going tomorrow! I'll let you know next week where I got sent! And I'm not sure if I told you all about it, but 2 transfers ago, our mission president created 2 Spanish Zones in the mission for all Spanish missionaries to be in, a North Zone and a South Zone. But we found out just yesterday that they're actually dissolving the Spanish Zones and going back to normal intermixed English and Spanish Zones. So we'll see what happens tomorrow! SO many surprises and mind-blowingness going on right now haha

If you could clean and fix those suits and then send them to me, that would be awesome!

I got the butterfly knife comb, tie, and oreos! They are awesome! :D I love the tie! I'm actually wearing it right now! haha it looks so super cool! just so you know, I am never trading any of the ties that you send me on the mission! I keep them special, and I mark on the inside what month that tie is for haha

I haven't gotten the recipes yet, but I'll be looking for them :)

I love you all so much! Please continue to write and email when you can!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss


[More that he wrote to Mary]

We also found 10 new investigators this week! Almost all of them from contacting people out on the streets! It was great! :D But I won't be around to teach them, because I'm getting transferred on Tuesday! I'm leaving Escondido! I'm excited to find out where my next area will be! I'll let you all know next week! :)

I kinda want to do something as a missionary as a gift for Dad in a sense, but I don't know what to do yet. I'll have to pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment