Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 16 in the Carlsbad California Mission

My Dear Family,

Those pictures of your flooding are crazy! I've never seen it so high before! I hope it happens again one day when I'm there haha

Yesterday, Elder Martin and I gave a lesson about the Restoration during a baptismal service in Spanish. I was pretty nervous before hand, and I could hardly think of what to say for the first point, but Elder Farley (our District Leader) was there and helping us, and he suggested that we pray, and so immediately we did. I offered the prayer, and in my heart and in the prayer I pleaded for help and comfort because I did not know what to do. Afterwards, we went back to practicing and I was able to speak my mind and use different wording than I have in the past, and we definitely had the spirit with us. Prayers are answered! And God does give the gift of tongues!

The baptism for our investigator got pushed back to this upcoming Sunday, but we're still super excited about it! :D Elder Martin and I want to play and sing "When I am baptized" (Cuando Me Bautice) on guitar for her baptismal as well! we picked up a members guitar at dinner yesterday, and we started playing and singing it there in the house. It was awesome! haha I was wondering, could you send me a copy of the primary songbook in Spanish? I'd like to start memorizing them and singing them.

We brought a member out with us yesterday who has just finished his first year of college. We've brought him out with us a few times before, but after the lesson yesterday, he became so super excited for missionary work, and I saw him smiling more that night than I have before! He wants to start coming out with us even more now! :D

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you all!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss


[In an e-mail to Buddy, Elder Wockenfuss said that he discovered The Lego Movie mentioned in the scriptures. Here's the reference.]

1 Corinthians 3:10 - According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereon.

No comments:

Post a Comment