Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 21 - Finding Truth and Studying Jesus Christ

My Dear Family,

Thank you for this email, mom. It definitely made me feel good! I don't tell you the bad days, because obviously I don't want to focus on them. But somehow you always know when I've had rough days and you all email me something that makes me realize that it's not anything wrong with me, or it helps me to see that it really wasn't too rough, because I made it though. So thank you so much!

Our Investigator Pedro is doing well! I believe we've met with him twice this week, and he told us that he was really wanting to know truth, and he believes that he can find it in the Book of Mormon. Everything that we've taught him makes sense to him, and he's hungering to know more. We're looking forward to the future with him!

Another couple that we are teaching want to get baptized, but they are not married, and they say that there's an issue that's preventing them from getting married, but they haven't told us what that is. So I'm not quite sure what to do, but with prayer, the spirit, and faith, and work, it'll all work out.

I'm not sure if I had told you, but for this transfer, our district is studying about Jesus Christ every Monday in our personal studies. So far, it's been really good! Today, we read/studied hymns about Jesus Christ. There are so many! I, of course studied "I know that my redeemer lives", "A poor wayfaring man of grief", and "I stand all amazed", all of which are amazing! But one that I really haven't taken much note of before is "Abide with me" (hymn 166). When I read this, I thought of it as a testimony and prayer. We know this world is getting crazy, but we have and even greater knowledge that because of the Atonement of Christ, He knows what we have suffered and what we will go through. And because of this, He can comfort us, and lead us safely through the deepening darkness in the world. And through constant prayer, faith, and relying upon Him (as the singer of this hymn), We can make it through.

On Independence Day, we actually had to be in a little early, because of partying and drunk people and whatever else, so to celebrate the holiday, we had a bunch of snacks to munch on, and watched a tiny bit of fireworks from the window :)

Thank you so much for all the pictures! They mean a lot to me!

Please continue to write and email when you can! It means a lot!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

PS Did Katie get the birthday letter I sent her yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment