Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 23 - New Investigators & a Missionary Birthday Wish

My Dear Family,

Thanks for taking care of my mess back home! haha And thanks for the pictures! I always love to see how home is doing :)

This past weekend was pretty wet. It rained almost all day on Saturday and Sunday, so needless to say, I was soaked haha but this past week we found 5 new investigators! That's the most we've found in a single week here in this area! :D Some of them had questions about what we believed and why there are so many churches around today, so we sat down with them and helped them to understand the Great Apostasy and the need for a restoration, and it made sense to them! :D

What have you been learning about this week? How has God been in your life this week?

I've been trying to think throughout the week about what I want for my birthday, and I thought of a few things, but at one point, I thought about something that I feel like I definitely want: In the month of August, I want the members of the Morrilton Ward (and any other member that hears about this email) to (1) share the gospel with at least 3 people, and invite them to take lessons from the missionaries, and (2) to go out with the missionaries at least once or twice in the month. Not just necessarily just for any particular lesson they have planned. But even going with them when they're trying to find new people out on the street, or door-to-door, or with anything else that they do to help and find people to come closer to Christ. and then (3) I want to hear about your missionary experiences you all have sharing the gospel, and being with the missionaries. This is my birthday wish.

If anyone is scared, or don't know how to share the gospel with someone they're thinking about, ask the missionaries for help. They are more than willing to help you share the gospel with friends.

I was studying in Preach my Gospel this past week, and I read that missionary work is a responsibility of the members as well. When we are baptized, we are essentially signing up for a life time of missionary work. We want to become like Christ, and He was the ultimate missionary!

By sharing the gospel, and being a missionary in our everyday lives, it brings us more happiness, helps us to feel the spirit even more in our lives, and will bring us great joy in the eternities.

Thank you for everything! (and the bacon jerky! it was delicious!)

Please continue to write and email when you can!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss 

No comments:

Post a Comment