Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 22 - Awesome Tie, Birthday Wishes, and a 7-Year-Old Revelation

My Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the emails you send! They always make me happy! As you can see from the ecstatic face gushing happiness and joy in the picture below, I *LOVE* the tie you sent me!!



I haven't had the chance to use the postcards yet, but I plan on it today! :) As for my birthday....I can't think of too terribly much at the moment. Being a missionary and all, I've been a bit busy, and haven't had the time to think too much on what I want for my birthday. But something that I know that I would like is a flip open Spanish-English electronic translator dictionary thing. I've seen a few missionaries with one, and I think it would make learning different words and conjugations a little easier. I think it's a merrium-webster brand that I've seen missionaries with, but I'm not sure. I just know that it flips open and has a keyboard. I'm not sure what else I want right now. But if I think of anything, I'll let you know :)

Elder Jensen and I had to miss church and basically all of life yesterday because he got sick Saturday afternoon, and had a fever of 103... I don't think I've ever wanted to get out of the house so badly before! It was so boring! But I tried to help Elder Jensen out as best I could, and he's getting better now! so that always good! :)

So this was super cool! the other day, I was studying PMG, and out of my old quad from seminary, and I came across a scripture in 2 Peter 1:4-8 and I had a note written next to the verses which said "could help for mission." My mind was blown! I basically received revelation for myself 7 years for my mission now! It talks about different attributes to add upon, and that if you have these things, you will not be unfruitful or barren in the knowledge of Christ.
So I thought that was super cool!

Please continue to write and email me when you can! I love hearing from you all!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss



[The letter to Buddy:]



This week, Elder Jensen and I were a couple of boogerheads. We live with another set of missionaries who are Zone Leaders for another Zone, and one day this week after they had left, Elder Jensen and I went and put their beds up on the roof of the kitchen area in our apartment hehehe XD See picture below for the wonderful rotten boogerheadedness



And then later on, we came back and found our beds all messed up too hahah (see other picture with blue frame)





So that was an adventure, but so much fun! They actually haven't moved their beds yet. They just sleep up there now haha and Elder Jensen and I have moved our mattresses down in the living room too next to the couch. Unorthodox, but very me! :P

Please continue to write and email when you can! I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss


[And a quick note to Mary:]


One super awesome thing that happened is that we were out exploring our area, and talking to people. and we came across this man who was a construction worker for the Tijuana temple that just recently got finished, and he was telling us just how beautiful the temples are, and he told that someone had given him a Book of Mormon, and he wants to learn more about temples and the Book of Mormon! So we're gonna go by and teach him! so super excited! :D


Elder Wockenfuss in his "snazzy suit."
"A lot of people really like that suit too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment