Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 92 - A Busy Week

Dear Mary,

Thank you for getting the room ready! I can't wait to see how it's gonna be!

This week was a very interesting one! We are now a Spanish district again, because we have 6 missionaries in the ward! I'm super glad to have Elder Dowda as a companion, and so glad to have Elder Dressman and Elder Taylor come into our district! We had to help them out a lot this week, so not too much in our area was accomplished, but we at least helped Dressman and Taylor pick up the beginning of their transfer so that it can be an amazing transfer! I do feel like this last transfer is gonna be the best one ever!! I'm excited to work with all these missionaries, and to have unity between all of us!

During the first half of the week, we were running around like chickens with their heads cut off! We had to help Elders Dressman and Taylor get everything that they needed to be able to work well in their new area here in Oceanside. It was quite the week and very fun at the same time! To start off, Elders Dressman and his new missionary, Elder Taylor did not have a ride from the mission office to Oceanside, but Carlos was so gracious to take our stuff to our apartment and then to go back and get Dressman and Taylor, and their belongings. Second, They don't have a phone yet! So the first night we let them stay at our apartment (even though they already had an apartment with other elders) so that it would be easier to communicate with us. But they decided to move into their apartment the next day after the Zone Welcome and to just decide before hand where and when we would meet them to pick them up for things. So we asked the hermanas help us move their things into their new apartment, which was very kind of them! Then we discovered that the only the had were beds. No dresser, no desks, no chairs, no extra silverware or plates, and no shower curtain... so we called the mission office and asked them for all of these things, which were brought over by the next couple of days. We hadn't even gone to dinner or shopped yet! So we went to dinner first at the Palacios house, which is always amazing!! They are an amazing family! Then we went shopping afterwards, and by the time we were done, it was nearly time to go home for the evening. So we did. We're also in a car share with the elders as well, and we decided that we give them the car on Wednesdays, so you know what that means... BIKING!!! :D Well, I'm excited about it at least haha We ended up not biking that day, because we discovered while biking that Elder Dowda's bike needed tuning up, and that we both needed bike lights. The elders had already dropped us off in our area, and we had no way to contact them because they had no phone, so we started calling other missionaries to come help us, but luckily, Elders Dressman and Taylor had come back and gave us a ride to walmart to get the stuff that we needed, then they took us back to our apartment to get everything fixed. Then on Friday we had breakfast with our Bishop as we usually do at the beginning of the transfer, then later we organized our area books to find anything that belongs to the other missionaries in the ward, which took 3 hours. Then we biked to the other elders apartment (because that was the previously agreed point of pick up so that w could all go to dinner) and it took us about an hour to do. Just in time to go to dinner! haha On Saturday, we had a joined Language study/lunch with all 6 Spanish missionaries in our ward, and it was so much fun!! We played a game where we all created following sentences of a story. The story was about a King Shark, a King Turtle, a family of fish made of gold, and a penguin marrying the turtle widow... it was super funny and weird! but lots of fun! That pretty much sums up all the craziness! But it was SOOO much fun!! The week went by very quickly!

I'm not complaining, this week was actually very fun!! I love when stuff like this happens, it makes the time fly by soo much!! :)

Elder Dressman told me yesterday that I give really good advice! We were helping someone who was struggling with personal things and after we had left, Elder Dressman had told me that I just always had good advice to give. I never thought of myself as being that way, but it's good to hear that someone thinks that of me.

He also rekindled my dream of acting the other night! I was doing a couple of voices, and he asked if I had thought of acting before. I told him that it was my dream as I was growing up. He told me that I should do it and that I would be really good! I never had someone bring that up to me before, I was a bit surprised! But I'm definitely gonna try going for it! We'll see what God has in store for me!

Write when you can, I love hearing from you!!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment