Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 57 - Dinner, a Spanish Hymn, and a Baptism

Dear Mom,

Fried chicken, fried okra, mashed potatoes and salad


Dinner yesterday was super good! I've always loved okra and white gravy! :D 



After dinner, we sang a hymn that is a Spanish hymnbook original, "Placentero nos es trabajar." [click the song title to go to the words] It's one of our favorites!



As for sitting arrangements and what the pics look like, we are just family and friends. We're all working in the same ward and we're united in that aspect. We treat each other as a family, and we respect our calls to serve as missionaries. There is nothing else to it. We're closer than what you may have seen in my past districts, but it is because with me as the district leader, I want us to be a family. And I truly believe that is what we are. We are allowed to eat with elders and sisters at the same dinner. Don't worry about us, we are being obedient and keeping everything in check haha

Also, there was a baptism last night!! :D He's been a dry mormon [UrbanDictionary definition here] for YEARS!! And this past thursday, he came to me for a baptismal interview, everything turned out great, and he was baptized yesterday! :D

I loved the ties you sent me! Most especially with the goofy names you give them! XD

This past week I watched the new Easter video, and after watching it, I gained a deeper appreciation and gratitude for celebrating Easter and Christ's resurrection. In the end of the video when it talks about how because of Christ, our loved ones will be resurrected one day, it hit me pretty deep, because I thought about how Dad died about 11 years ago. I always knew of the resurrection, but I never fully appreciated it like I do now. Because of Christ, Dad will be resurrected and I will see him again with a perfected body and we will live as a family forever.

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you.

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

PS Did you get my letter this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment