Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 50 - The Power of Fasting in Preparing a Talk, and a New Investigator with a Baptism Date

Dear Mom,

This week went pretty well! Elder Brown and I picked up a new investigator and set a baptismal date with him! :D He seems so ready and elect! we've set an expectation to meet every day or every other day, and it's going well! :D He'll be baptized in no time haha :)

So, this past Saturday at like 4:30, we were biking around town, and we got a text from out bishopric, and I got assigned to speak in church the next day! D: I was freaking out trying to prepare my talk, it was whatever topic I chose, so that was good. But still stressful! It was the first time that I had ever been asked to speak in church on my mission, and I didn't want to mess up. especially in spanish haha I wanted to spend the rest of the day preparing for it, but I knew that if I put the missionary work first and obeyed the rules, that the talk would be fine. So that's what I did! I was tempted to stay up a little late at night and prepare my talk, but I knew that by doing that, I would miss out on blessings in store. I felt a prompting to start a fast, so I did. I've fasted before, but I hadn't seen the blessings and recognized them as coming from my fast. but I knew that there was power in fasting! So I put it to the test! I prepared with what time I had, (which turned out to be a max of an hour and a half) and it turned out to be really good! I didn't write it word for word at all! I just made notes and brought scriptures and PMG [Preach My Gospel]. I thought I was gonna be super short, but I ended up talking for 12 minutes! WAY longer than I thought I was going to do! Several people came up to tell me I did a good job, But I knew that it wasn't me, it was the spirit. Because I obeyed the mission rules, had faith, and trusted in the promise that I would not be confounded, the Lord used me to deliver a talk that the congregation needed to hear. Testimony builder!! :D

Man, what else happened this week?.... I don't know, but IT WAS AWESOME!! :D 

O yeah! The other day, we had Elder Farley with us, and we contacted 112 people that day! :D I had never talked to that many people in one day! so that was pretty cool!

When you said that your geography class involved mapping, I first thought it said NAPPING! haha XD which would be nice, but probably wouldn't happen haha

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you!!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

"Our Ward Mission leader and his family, the Morgan family."

"The high councilman who let me borrow his guitar several times. Brother Federholf"

"The Vidal family. They lived in Australia for the longest time,
so they speak Spanish with an Australian accent."


Pics of when I left Temecula:

Dulce and Blanca

The Ascue family

No comments:

Post a Comment