Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 49 - First Week as District Leader in Vista, and a Sunrise Hike

Dear Mom,

It is going awesome in Vista! There are so many hispanic people in Vista!! :D It brings me much joy haha I actually get to speak spanish now!! :D Yes, my greenie was already here in Vista, I replaced his trainer.

I love it when stories like the "dark and stormy progressing night" that get around haha :D

So, my first week in Vista has been great! we actually have work to do here! it's great! the members are awesome! The district is super cool! I personally think I have an AMAZING district!! They're the best! We had our first district meeting yesterday, and it went not too horrible haha there were a few things to work on, but there's always room for improvement!

I absolutely LOVED the Yoda-Tie!! I wore it to our Zone Welcome last week! a few people looked close enough to see the Yoda faces all over it! :)

I'm in the process of putting my tree back up, since I had to pack it up to come here. But It is coming along!

Yesterday, as you know, we did not have P-Day. And we don't usually have set dinner appointments on Monday, because of P-day. So seeing as no one in the district had a set dinner yesterday, we decided (a few days in advance) that we would all eat together and make Pupusas. (a mexican dish) and it was such a fantastic time! We all had lots of fun together! I'll try to send some pics today! :D

It's getting pretty warm here as well! It's weird! I don't have to wear a jacket as much right now!

We had an inter-district activity this morning! :D We got with the Oceanside 5th District to go on a hike and watch the sunrise. Elder Emerick was in the other district, so it was good to get to see him again! But the hike was a blast as well!


"We are standing on a dormant volcano!"

Maybe Elder Wockenfuss' companion?


O hey there's an elder I know here that would like a Toad Suck. His name is Elder Dowda, and he said that if you could send him a 2XL Toadsuck shirt, he would pay you back. He REALLY wants a shirt haha

Sorry if my thoughts are all jumbled around, I'm just excited to be here! and still just trying to get a hold on things haha

Please continue to write and email whenever you can, I love hearing from you!!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment