Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 46 - We are the Shepherds

Skyping with our wonderful missionary!


Dear Mom,

It was very lovely to get to talk to you all on Christmas day! That was the best part of the day! :D After we hung up, and I walked into the kitchen, everyone could see how happy I was! One lady mentioned (in spanish) that I was just beaming from ear to ear when I walked in, and I looked very content and happy :)

These past few weeks we've been sharing Luke 2:8-18 with everyone, and pointing out that fact the angel told the shepherds to not fear. We could place ourselves as these shepherds, because we all have a "flock" to watch over. As Parents, you watch over your children, as missionaries, we watch over our investigators and the members, as Church Leaders, you watch over the unit that you are assigned to. And with these assignments, we might have a bit of fear, fear that we can't do it, fear that we're not good enough, fear that someone's going to fall away and that you won't find them. But the Angel (or the prophets) tell us fear not, because THE Good News has been born, and will save all those willing to repent. That's something I've learned this week.

Man, what else is there to talk about that we didn't talk about on Christmas?? haha

Megan sent me a lovely package on goodies that I really really enjoyed!! :) I'm planning on sending my late Christmas package to you all today, and hopefully it gets there soon! :)

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment