Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 28 - Exchanges, a Tie, and Noche de Espanidad

Dear Mom and family,

I did finally get the Experiments Upon the Word book last week! :) I love it! Thanks a bunch!

Still not a bunch is happening right now, but we're having a activity called "Noche de Espanidad" next month which a pretty big event here for the 2 spanish branches in the area! Apparently September is the month when lots of central and south american countries got their freedom and independence, so the branches here celebrate it with an awesome event! And from what I've been told, people have started investigating the church and have been baptised from these events in past years! So we're trying to help the members with this as best we can! :)

We're getting fed pretty much every night! So you don't have to worry about me starving or anything haha, and I still have a lot of food in the apartment :)

I've been told that it's supposed to get pretty hot this week again, so we'll see what happens haha

I'm trying to start reading the Missionary Gospel Library in Spanish to help me out in my spanish, and it's going well :)

I was on exchanges this past week and I got to meet this awesome family called the Profitts! the husband knew spanish because he works for Border Patrol, and so we talked a small bit in spanish. And their son, who's probably 14-15, had the most awesome socks on! His socks had the famous picture of Moroni praying  and getting ready to bury the plates on the front and back of them. I was a bit jealous of them haha He asked me if they were approved for missionary wear. I said "I sure hope so!" but i also told him that he could at least wear them on P-Day, and when exercising.

I'm sorry there's not very much to say right now, hopefully in the future soon!

Please continue to write and email when you can! I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

This is the tie that Wanda got me:


No comments:

Post a Comment