Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 27 - Hot, Slow Week

My Dear Family,

How is life back home? This past weekend was unbelievable hot!!! to quote Bill Cosby: "it was 104 degrees....in the shade.... not a snowball in sight." hahaha But honestly it was true! we would get in our car after it was parked in the shade, and it would say it was over 100 outside. so ridiculous!! Not very much happened this week. We contacted a referral who actually turned out to be a Less-Active member who hasn't been to church since he was 9. He expressed great interest in coming back to church, so we're helping him as best we can to get to church :)

On Tuesday, We had a Zone Training Meeting, and during the break we had, they brought out a birthday surprise for me and another Sister missionary, (because her birthday was last Sunday) and we both really like batman, so they brought out a homemade strawberry cake with chocolate frosting on it except for the middle which was shaped like the batman logo from the new movies. It was super awesome!! I wish I had a picture! but it tasted good! haha

The members are very nice here and help us out when they can, because they know that the weather is awful! 

We don't have any investigators right now, but we're praying and searching as much as we can.

I wish there was more to tell, but honestly, not much is happening.

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you all! 

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss/PieDeNubes


O yeah, last monday we went to a place called the Root Beer company, and it has so many different kinds of sodas!! I bought a couple that I'm attaching to this email. One is called Stalinade, and the other is called "Seal ya Later", they tasted pretty good! I also bought Butterbeer like from Harry Potter! That was super good stuff! :D



(E-mail to Buddy)

I love your meme with the hulk/boromir thing! that was funny!


[e-mail to Mary]

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for the video! I loved it! :D It was a super awesome birthday with the Zapot family!! They are my favorite family to eat with! I feel like they're like us, but hispanic haha

This week we found someone who was actually less active since he was 9, and we're helping him come back to church! :)

This week I've been doing a lot of reading out of "Our Search For Happiness", and it's a pretty good read so far! He explains a lot about priesthood authority, and the restoration, and a lot of things that we believe in. If we can find anyone to teach, maybe I'll be able to share some of the things that he talks about :)

Please continue to write and email when you can! I love to hear from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

PS Could you send me a genealogy fan chart of our family?

No comments:

Post a Comment