Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week 4 at the Mexico MTC

My dearest Family,

I´m sorry that I have to be short in writing, but I promise that when I get to California, I´ll be able to write more, since I won´t be on limited time.

I´m glad to hear about home! I love to read your emails and see the pictures you send, it makes me happy to see how the Lord is blessing you all. I´m sorry that Elder Knoerr had to go back again, but I´m very glad that he´s still serving the Lord, and that he´s very happy about it.

Life here at the MTC is going good, I´m still struggling pretty bad with the language, and sometimes it gets me pretty down. But I have faith that the Lord will bless me and does bless me now with knowledge and learning. If you could fast for me, that would be awesome!

I´m glad that you all have faith in me as a district leader and as a missionary, cause sometimes I fear that I´m not doing as good as I could be doing, but then the Lord reassures me in my callings, and guides me by His spirit to do what He needs me to do. I saw Mary´s email and she asked me this week what my duties as District Leader are. My duties are to watch over the missionaries that are in my district, and make sure that they´re all obeying the rules. I check the mail for everyone, I go to leadership meetings for church on Sunday and report how my district is doing, I conduct class time during the week, I assign who will teach the district lesson on Sundays, I try my best to help strengthen my district, and to make sure we´re unified. I follow the spirit in helping my district in any way the Lord tells me to. Sometimes, the Lord tells me to talk to a specific missionary about something, and do my best to obey those promptings immediately, and it turns that that missionary needs help in some form or another. And the Lord tells me exactly what I need to say to help that missionary. It is simply amazing how the Lord works in all things!

Today, in my personal studies, I read 2 Nephi chapter 2 and 3. I absolutely love those chapters! To all who read this email, I invite you to read these chapters of the Book of Mormon, they testify of God, giving proof that He truly does exist, they tell of the reasoning for having opposition in all things, why bad things happen, and why good things happen, so that we may learn and grow. It tells of a prophecy of Joseph in Egypt prophesying of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and of God restoring His church and Gospel through Joseph Smith, the prophet. Reading those chapters strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon as the word of God, and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. In my mind, there is no denying this whatsoever. These chapters are now 2 of my favorites in the Book of Mormon.

Since you were asking about my Essential Oils situation, I believe I will need some more Serenity when I get to California, I´m at about half the bottle now. I will need some more OnGuard Toothpaste for sure, but for now, I think I´m fine with my other oils.

Buddy, I love your combination of Metalbeard and the micromanager. It looks super cool! And I really like your sketch of the Blonde queen so far. please send it when you´re done.

Hey Katie,  Can I see some of your latest drawings? I miss seeing them.

I´m sorry, I have to close now.

I love you all! Please continue to write and sending pictures, I love to see them!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment