Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 2 in the Mexico MTC

My Dear Family,

Thank you so much for telling me about life back home! I love to hear how everyone is doing! Tell everyone I said HI! I´m glad that everyone is doing well! Sister (Megan) MacNeil told me that she´s actually been called as a Sister Trainer Leader in her District! I´m super excited for her! It´s really cool that both of us have been called as leaders in our Districts. I guess the Lord needs us in some way to help people grow, and from these callings, He´ll help us to grow as well .

Things are going pretty well here at the MTC! I´m still attemping to learn spanish haha I still know the least amount of spanish of the people in my district, but I´m learning though! The District is doing fantastic! We´re growing together more and more every day, it´s like we´re family now! I love them deeply as if they were my own siblings! I am going to miss them when we part ways in four weeks. I´m gonna try to send a picture of my district in this email as well. they´re really good people!

We made progress with Fernando. We taught him about prayer, and the book of mormon, and we invited him to be baptized, and he said yes! But it turns out that Fernando, our investigator, is actually our new teacher! He´s actual name is Ricardo Chan, and he´s been working here at the MTC since last year, but he was acting as an investigator to give us practice. He´s a really cool guy, and a great teacher!

Last night we had something called TRC. TRC is when they bring people that are recent converts to the church, or people that are training to be a teacher here at the MTC, and they act like investigators for us to teach. Elder Emerick and I taught one of them a lesson about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the restoration of Christ´s church in these days, and on the feedback card that we got afterwards, one of the things the lady said was that we taught with power and with the Spirit! That made me feel really happy because I was starting to get a bit down because I didn´t think I was making good progress with the language, but when we taught that lesson, I spoke spanish! The Holy Spirit worked within me and helped me to speak the words I needed to say. I've noticed that in all the lessons I´ve taught so far, the lessons where we taught and testified about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and the First Vision, and the Restoration of Christ´s church, are the lessons where my spanish speaking goes from bad to good! That, in and of itself, continues to testify to me of the truthfulness of this gospel, of the Book of Mormon, and the power of God. 

* Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Yo se que la Santa Biblia tambien la palabra de Dios. Yo se que Jóse Smith es un profeta de Dios, y el vio Padre Celestial y Jesucristo. Yo se que Dios y Jesucristo amoroso todas personas. Yo se que El Espiritu Santo testificar a corazones de personas nosotros enseñemos de verdadero de El Libro de Mormon. Es mi testimonio, en el nombre de Jesucristo, Ámen

I love you all so much! Please continue to write and email when you can! I love to hear from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss



P.S. This is the picture of me and my district on our first Sunday night here. From left to right: (Back) Elder Froelick, Elder Thompson, Elder Emerick, Me, Hermana Greenfield, Hermana Simonson, Hermana Ivey, and Hermana McGill. (Front) Elder Griffin, and Elder Ackley.

* I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know the Holy Bible is also the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know God and Jesus Christ love all people. I know that the Holy Spirit testifies to the hearts of the people we teach of the truth of the Book of Mormon, is my witness, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment