Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 72 - Rise to the Challenges (And Take Lots of Pictures)

Morning missionary hike
Dear Mom,

That's one trait I love about our family. We don't give up or back down, even if things get tough. I actually wrote one of my BYUI application essays on that haha I'm glad that all of you were able to speak! It is true that we can do really good talks on short notice! The holy ghost is awesome at doing that!

I got the opportunity to talk to President Kendrick this past week, because there were several things weighing on my mind that I needed to talk to him about. He sat and talked with me with the most love a person could give! He helped me feel so much better about everything! And now those issues aren't on my mind anymore :) I also found out from him that my official return date is now December 14, the original date I was supposed to go home anyway haha :D

Would you mind praying for our district and our ward? we need some help working together.

In our mission, we have something called the Vision & Culture Document. In one of the points, it talks about how we can't blame other people or circumstances for what is happening to us, or for the lack of work that is happening. All we need to do is have a positive attitude, and any day can turn around to become a better one. But, there's also a part of this document that says that we're all in the same boat, and we need to not speak unkindly of others. So when someone has been evil to you for years and has made it so that you fear what's gonna happen next, I personally see that as time to hit the road. I've been wanting to move from there for quite a while. God wants us to pass through trials, yes. But he also wants us to be happy! Many times God has commanded his people to move when they were in danger or when it obstructed living freely and happily. Maybe there is something that still needs to be learned, perhaps relationships need to be set at peace, I don't know, but I personally believe that our family doesn't have much longer in Arkansas. Maybe that's just me. I know that we've been saying that for years, but when you talked to me about ya'll moving with me to BYUI, it just felt right. That's something that I love about the hispanic culture, if one moves, the whole family moves too haha so maybe that's what's supposed to happen with us, maybe we were meant to be hispanic :P  What do you feel? Is this right? or am I just crazy? Okay, I know I'm crazy, but I want to know if this is from God or not haha well, the Book of Mormon does say that whatever is good comes from God, and Elder Bednar says concerning the difference between personal thoughts and promptings from the spirit "Does it matter? If it invites to do good, it comes from God."

I did get the package with the camera and fun goodies! I LOVE THE HOGAN'S HEROES SHIRT!!! Thank you Katie!!!!

I'll send pics I took this week in just  a moment :D

Please continue to write when you can! I love you very much!

With much love,
Elder Patrick Wockenfuss



[Some long-awaited pictures]

"Very first picture on my camera. Why that one happened, I don't know."
"My Batman wall... Yep!"

DOUBLE ICE CREAM CONE!!!!!!! It was soooo gooooood!
fancy little quote that Hermana Hawkins gave out as part of her discussion in DM last week! She extended an invitation to write about little positive things, or "tender mercies" that God gives us
This is a picture that Hermana Terron drew of our district as Power Rangers! It is super goofy! 

Yes...I am the Red Ranger....Squeezing a toad haha

Last night I ate the most food ever! 2 chicken legs, lots of rice, 4 Elotes (corn on the cob with mayo, Parmesan cheese, and Tajin seasoning), 5 pieces of watermelon, and then that night, I ate 3 slices of pizza haha All the missionaries were wondering "where on earth does it go?"  I answered that it's probably one of those great mysteries that God talks about in the scriptures haha

Mine and emerick's tshirts that Carlos gave us!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment