Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 70 - Agua de Sandia, a Metal Death Contraption, and Sleeping Through an Earthquake

Dear Mom,

To be honest, this week was kinda boring... except for a few things!

We had dinner with the Montiel family for the first time, and it was SO GOOD!!! That was probably the best dinner ever! AND they served the best agua ever! Agua de Sandia (Watermelon)!! Should you desire to try this Agua de Sandia (yes you do want to try it, just saying), cut up a watermelon, put it in a blender with water, and enough sugar for your liking, zizz it up, and voila! you're welcome for the new addiction!

We helped a member move this past week, which wasn't too bad, and then I dropped a metal death contraption on my big toe... I would not recommend doing that, even if it's "all the hype" these days :P My toe is fine, it's not broken, I just got a small bruise. Then we helped them put their table together, and then they gave us pizza! It was super great! :)

We had dinner with the Bernal family again this past week, and Hermana Bernal told me that I was her favorite! That made me feel really good! That was the first time that a member told me I was their favorite since Escondido :) She says that she really loves it when I get excited about her food, and when I eat and eat her wonderful food haha :) Good to know I make people happy in some way!

There was a few days this past week that were rough. I just had a hard time because the area in Vista that we work in is very small, (it's the smallest area I've been in) and I've been here for 5 months, doing the same things over and over again. I got to the point where I felt like I was beating a dead horse here, and that there was nothing to do that I haven't done in this past half year. So I was pretty down for a couple days. I'm doing my best to keep myself occupied and not be down. I've decided that when you send that camera to me, I'm gonna bring it everywhere and look for the little joys and funny things to keep my spirits up, and so that I can send random stuff home haha

O! O! And Carlos (The best member in the world) gave us awesome T-SHirts!! :D I'll send pics next week, but mine was an awesome Superman vs Batman shirt, and a cool comic book-y Captain america/Iron Man shirt! :D

You guessed it! I slept right through the earthquake! I had no idea that it happened until everyone was texting about it the next morning! That brings to mind what Elder Clark said, that I could sleep through my own death and not even know what happened haha

Please continue to write and email when you can, I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

O yeah, and we cast out a demon from a members house yesterday, so that was interesting haha


the Wockenflockite pics are super funny!!! They always so much joy to my life haha I love how a couple of the cats are even joining in the fight!


We may have buried our swords, but nobody said we couldn't fight with sea creatures. *wink wink*

Now being sweet and friendly with our flower whirly wing-dings. Will it last?

Nah!


No comments:

Post a Comment