Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 36 - Awesome Surprise!!!

Dear Mom,

I'm excited to see what's in my packages today! :D Thanks for sending them!

So, Elder Thomas loves flower ties? I have the PERFECT tie to send him! I came into possession of so many flower ties! But I got a real good one to send him!

HERE IS AN AWESOME SURPRISE!! So as you know, Transfers are coming up tomorrow, and I am staying in Temecula (not the surprise)! But on Friday, I got a call from President Kendrick during personal studies, and now I'm going to be a trainer!! :D I'm getting one of the new greenies coming in! I'm excited but super nervous at the same time! That means I'm gonna stay in Temecula for the next 12 weeks :) I'm gonna be with him for 4 different holidays! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's! (and my 1 YEAR mark.) I'll be sure to email you a pic of us next week!

We don't really have much of a teaching pool right now, but I talked with my Ward Mission Leader at our correlation meeting, and we're going to start visiting members in their homes and teach them different principles of the discussion that they feel like they need, and use that as an opportunity to find people to teach. It'll at least give the new missionary a chance to do some teaching while we don't have much of a teaching pool.

There's not that much to say other than that exciting news! Please pray for me as I begin training tomorrow!

Please continue to write and email when you get a chance, I love hearing from you!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

P.S. I've found out recently that people that I don't even know are reading the blog of my emails! :) An Elder in our district who's just finished getting trained told me that before he left, his girlfriend told him about a story she had read on a blog, about a missionary who pranked the Zone Leaders by putting their beds on the kitchen roof. (Sound familiar? :P) she told him, "you'll never guess where he's from" :P And his mom told about a Janky Bike Story from the same blog. (Too familiar haha) So the blog's definitely getting out there haha


[Elder Wockenfuss' response to Mary's e-mail, asking what scripture he's ponderizing on this week.]


The scripture that I want to start ponderizing is in D&C 123:16-17  You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
        Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
      It's to remind me to not get frustrated with things that I can't control, and that small actions can guide the "ship" (our journey through this life, mission life, anything) and then after we've done everything, we will see God's hand in our lives.



At the latest district meeting. Elder Wockenfuss is in the back middle.
Elder Ellsworth is the kneeling at the front with the jacket open.

No comments:

Post a Comment