Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 12 - Transfers, Spanish, Mother's Day

My Dear Family,

It must be so weird that school is out! But I'm glad you all are getting the garden in!

I'm not quite sure what the best thing to happen to me this week is, but the baptism date that we had set fell through, so we have to reset a date with her. :( Elder Garcia is indeed getting transferred tomorrow, and I am slightly nervous, but I'm also excited to see who my new companion is going to be! :) I did get the package with my scriptures! Thank you so much! it reminds me of all the studying and everything I've done with it! And we are still loving on the Girl Scout cookies haha :)

Actually, I think something cool that happened is that Elder Ellsworth has finally taught me pretty much all the Spanish that can be taught, now the thing is really applying it and using it! And now that he's taught me all that Spanish, everything makes sense when I read in the book of Mormon in Spanish! :D I'm still working on understanding people when they talk to me, but when it's written out, I can understand it better.

This Sunday is Mother's Day! :D We are going to go to our Bishop's house about 3:30pm (Pacific Time) to Skype our families. So I think that's 5:30pm your time. Mary said that she has Skype on her laptop, I'm not quite sure how to use it, but hopefully Mary can get it figured out! Be ready anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 (your time) for the Skype. And if anything changes or goes wrong, I'll just have the Bishop's daughters text or call you, to get everything figured out.

Yesterday, Elder Garcia and I ran into someone while we were walking who he had talked to on the street several months ago before I was here, and the lady remembered that experience and wants us to come by this week! :) She seems really open to what we have to say, so I'm excited to teach her!

I don't believe I need anything DoTerra right now, but I will let you know!

Please continue to write and email when you can!

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment