Monday, February 9, 2015

Last Day at the MTC

Dear Mom and family,

I´m actually able to email today since it´s my last day here at the MTC. Everything is going great! My district and teachers have told me that I´ve gotten so much better at spanish and teaching since I´ve started taking my ADD medicine! The other night, in a progressing investigator lesson, I actually spoke and taught more than my companion did! That has never happened before! My teacher was so surprised by that, that he stepped out of his investigator character at the end of the lesson to tell me how well I did. He told me I almost made him cry in the lesson too. So everything is going pretty well!

I´m getting pretty excited to go to California and start teaching people the gospel, but I´m also sad to leave the friends that I´ve made here. But I know that we´re all gonna be doing a good work! 

We had a testimony meeting last night with all the missionaries that are leaving this week, and it was truly an amazing meeting! I was filled with the spirit so much! Almost everyone shared their testimonies in english, except for me. I shared the majority of my testimony in spanish, because I feel like its more special to me now in spanish. I´m not sure why, but it is more special sharing it in spanish now.

I've had such a great experience here at MTC, I´m so glad that I've decided to come and serve a mission for God, and to help to bring others unto Christ. It´s been so amazing! I´ve become so close to my Heavenly Father in these past weeks that I´ve been here, and I feel like I´ve become more in tune with the Spirit since I´ve been here as well. I can feel the Holy Ghost guiding me, directing me, and helping me to teach and to do God´s will. Its been so great! I will never forget my experiences here at the MTC.

I´m not sure if I've told you or not, but I have to be ready to leave the MTC at 2:30 tomorrow morning, we leave at 3, and our flight leaves mexico at 6:05 tomorrow morning. I´m not sure when I get to the LA airport, but I´m pretty sure that we get to San Diego at 11:45. I´m not sure if I´ll be able to call you at the airport to tell you that I´m making it to the mission okay, cuz I´ve heard rumors that we can do that, but I´m not sure. But if I can, I will definitely call you.

Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es verdadero, y es el palabra de Dios. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta de Dios. Yo se que Jose Smith transudo El Libro de Mormon mediante el Poder de Dios. Yo se que Dios es muy amoroso a todos personas en el mundo. Yo se que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es solo camino estaramos en el Reye de Celestiál.

I love you all so much! Please continue to write and email when you can! Tell everyone in Morrilton of my love for them as well. The next that you hear from me in email, I will be in the mission field! :D

With much love,

Elder Patrick Wockenfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment